The Garfield County Planner’s Office oversees a variety of aspects pertaining to land use and development in the County. The Planner’s Office plays a significant role in subdivision approval, current zoning information and zone change requests, lot line adjustments, conditional use permitting, drafting new ordinances and amending existing ordinances, revising the general plan and many other planning and land use related matters.
For past ordinances, please call or visit the Garfield County Planner's Office or Clerk's Office.
For proposed ordinances, visit the Utah Public Notice Website.
PLANNING AND ZONING ORDINANCES
- Ordinance 2020-1 Livestock Compensation
- Ordinance 2020-2 Chapter 8 Conditional Uses Amendments
- Ordinance 2020-3 Business Licence Amendments
- Ordinance 2020-4 Zoning Ordinance Amendments
- Ordinance 2020-5 Glamping Amendments
- Ordinance 2020-6 Short-Term Rental Amendments
- Ordinance 2020-7 CED Board Bylaws
- Ordinance 2020-8 Remote Yurt Compliance
- Ordinance 2020-9 Mobile Home & Recreational Coach Amendments
- Ordinance 2020-10 CED Board Bylaw Amendments
- Ordinance 2020-11 Zoning Ordinance Amendments
- Southwest Health Department Septic System Website Page
- Southwest Health Department Subdivision Feasibility Application
The Garfield County Economic Development Office acts as a liaison for all economic development in the County. The two major goals of the Economic Development Office are 1) business expansion and retention and 2) business recruitment.
With the help of the Governor's Office of Economic Development (GOED) Office of Rural Development (ORD), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Five County Association of Governments, Community Impact Board (CIB) and many others, the Economic Development Director works with businesses in Garfield County to provide resources and programs to sustain business and improve employment opportunities.
The Economic Development Director's role in the incentive process is to a) spread awareness of the programs to businesses in the County, b) help businesses determine eligibility to specific programs, and c) aid in the application process to give the businesses a greater chance of approval.
RURAL COUNTY GRANT PROGRAM
Chair: Falyn Owens - Executive Director, Garfield County Office of Tourism
Vice Chair: Steve Cox - Mayor, Boulder Town
- Garfield County Representative
- Falyn Owens - Executive Director, Garfield County Office of Tourism
- Municipality Representatives**
- Western Garfield County Area: Shannon Allen - Mayor, Antimony Town
- Bryce Canyon Area: Taryn Syrett - City Manager, Bryce Canyon City
- Grand Staircase Area: Steve Cox - Mayor, Boulder Town
- Workforce Development Representative
- Joni Anderson - Southern Utah University SBDC, BRC and PTAC
- Private Sector Representative
- Lance Syrett - General Manager, Ruby's Inn
- Garfield County Resident
- Joey Martel - Escalante City Resident
- Jerry Taylor - Garfield County Commissioner
- Kaden Figgins - Garfield County Planner & Economic Development Director
- Kylee Orton - Garfield County Deputy Clerk/Auditor (Board Secretary)
- Western Garfield County Area - Hatch, Panguitch, Antimony
- Bryce Canyon Area - Bryce Canyon City, Tropic, Cannonville, Henrieville
- Grand Staircase Area - Escalante, Boulder
BOARD MEETING MINUTES & RECORDINGS
In addition to local economic development efforts, the Five County Association of Governments(FCAOG) offers a revolving loan program. Please visit: southernutahloans.com for more information.
For rural business services from the United States Department of Agriculture such as low-interest loans, grants and other programs, please visit: https://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeAction.do?pageAction=RBSmenu
To view all of the ORD Programs, please visit: http://business.utah.gov/rural/
GOED has provided an interactive map that shows broadband availability and other infrastructure relevant to economic development. Please visit: http://locate.utah.gov/
Department of Workforce Services provides useful economic data to the public. For economic data such as employment, demographics, wages & Income, firm & industry, and others, please visit: https://jobs.utah.gov/wi/data/library/index.html
Together the Business Resource Centers at Dixie State University and Southern Utah University make up the Southern Utah Entrepreneurship Hub and contribute to regional economic growth by partnering with institutions of higher education to create access to a coordinated network of federal, state and local business service providers throughout Utah’s Five County Association of Governments (AOG) Region, which includes Washington, Iron, Kane, Beaver, and Garfield counties. Please visit: https://southernutahbusiness.org/
Kaden Figgins, Planner/Economic Development Director
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Garfield County Courthouse, Planning/Economic Development Office
55 South Main St.
Panguitch, Utah 84759
Garfield County Planning/Economic Development Office
PO Box 77
Panguitch, Utah 84759