As governed by Utah law, (U.C.A Title 17, Chapter 21), the Garfield County Recorder’s Office records and maintains all documents and maps pertaining to real estate property (real property), military records and mining documents.
For assessment purposes, the Recorder’s Office maintains a set of ownership plats showing current ownership of all private land parcels within the county.
The office maintains cross-referenced indexes of all records, which date back to 1882. The documents and maps are open for public inspection and copies are available for purchase (copies of military records are available for free).
At this time, documents are not available online and no electronic recording of documents is available.
2019 Recording Fees
|Additional Descriptions or Units Over 10 (per page)||$2.00|
|Plat of Subdivisions/Condominium/etc. per Sheet||$50.00|
|Additional Lots or Units||$2.00|
|Filing Fee for Survey Plats (per survey)||$20.00|
|Notice of Locations||$40.00|
|Affidavits of Labor||$40.00|
|Each Additional Claim Name over 10 (per page)||$2.00|
|Copies of Recorded Documents|
|8.5" x 11"||$0.25|
|8.5" x 14"||$0.25|
|11" x 17"||$0.50|
|18" x 18" Black and White||$2.00|
|18" x 18" Color||$4.00|
|18" x 24" Black and White||$3.00|
|18" x 24" Color||$6.00|
|24" x 36" Black and White||$4.00|
|24" x 36" Color||$8.00|
|Other Sizes to be Determined|
|Name and Address Lists|
|Additional Names and Addresses on Plain Paper||$1.00|
|Each Pre-Printed Label [30 per page] (per page)||$3.00|
|Ownership Listing Report (per page)||$0.50|
|Mailed, Emailed, or Faxed Information|
|Information Plus Copy Fees||$4.00|
|Ownership Plats (.DWG Format Only)||$2.00|
|Survey Plats (.TIFF Format Only)||$4.00|
The Garfield County Recorder’s Office accepts cash and checks. Please make checks payable to Garfield County. Credit cards are not accepted.
Mailed or Emailed Copies of Information or Plats
Parties making multiple requests from monies deposited in an account.
Single requests – bill from Recorders Office accompanying information.
Parties failing to pay for requested information within 30 days of due date on bills will be required to obtain needed information in person from the Recorders Office.
Responsibilities of the Garfield County Recorder’s Office includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Records, stores, maintains and retrieves real property land documents in the public records.
- Records military discharges and provides certified copies of these documents at no charge.
- Assists the public in locating records and parcels on ownership plats.
- Sells copies of documents and plats to the public (documents can be certified upon request for a fee).
- Maintains ownership plats showing current private ownership for assessment work.
The Garfield County Recorder’s Office does not provide the following services:
- Does not prepare legal descriptions for the public.
- Does not perform title searches or search the records for mineral or water rights.
- Does not notarize documents.
- Does not furnish legal descriptions over the telephone.
- Does not give legal advice.
- Does not interpret legal documents.
- Does not prepare legal documents.
The Garfield County Recorder’s Office maintains the following types of documents and maps:
- Warranty Deeds
- Quit Claim Deeds
- Quit Claim Water Right Deeds
- Tax Deeds
- Trustees’ Deeds
- Notice of Defaults
- UCC Filings
- Military Discharge Papers
- Water Documents
- Subdivision Plats
- Deeds of Trust
- Deeds of Conveyance
- Federal Tax Liens and Releases
- Notice of Locations
- Proof of Labors
- Patented Mining Claims
- Annexation Documents
- Annexation Plats
- District Plats
- Roadway Dedication Maps
Les Barker, PLS, Recorder
Cindy Talbot, Deputy Recorder
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Garfield County Courthouse, Recorder's Office
55 South Main Street
Panguitch, Utah 84759
Garfield County Recorder
PO Box 77
Panguitch, Utah 84759-0077