The Garfield County Building Department issues building permits for residential and commercial construction. The office is responsible for reviewing and approving plans for the construction, expansion, repair, modification, removal or demolition of any building or structure.
The office also performs inspections and code enforcement for structures, plumbing, electrical systems and mechanical systems.
For all commercial projects, the property owner or contractor is responsible to complete and provide the original letter of a plan review with the building permit application. The plan review must be completed by a Utah State licensed plan reviewer.
All buildings are required to have a REScheck.
Permit Refund Policy
- No building permit fees will be refunded in any case after 180 days.
- If no mandatory inspections have been completed on a building project within 1 year, the permit holder will have to renew the permit according to the fee schedule.
- Building Permit Certification
- Checklist for Acquiring a Building Permit
- Building Permit Application
- Climate and Geography Design
- Building Codes
- Floodplain Development Permit
- Mobile Home Foundation Requirements
- Gas Installation Plan
- Map to Property
- Inspection Information and Schedule
- Plan Submittal Requirements
- Plot Plan
- Shed Policy
- Snow Load Chart
- Owner Builder
- Prairie Dog Survey
- GRAMA Request Form
Sheri Miller, Secretary
Jared Woolsey, Building Official
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Garfield County Courthouse, Building Department
55 South Main St.
Panguitch, Utah 84759
Garfield County Building Department
PO Box 77
Panguitch, Utah 84759-0077