Public Works Coordinator
- Type:Full Time
- Posted Date:03/20/2020
- Deadline to Apply:04/20/2020
Garfield County is seeking a qualified individual to lead its public works and public lands programs. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversight and management of the solid waste collection and disposal program;
- Oversight, management and direction of the transportation network including roads, paths, ways and trails;
- Implementation of the coordination, joint lead agency and cooperating agency relationship between federal agencies and Garfield County;
- Administration of federal, state and local environmental requirements associated with NEPA, FLPMA, NFMA, SHPO, CEQ Regulations, and others;
- Management of wildlife, threatened and endangered species conservation and recovery programs;
- Management of the Public Works Department's personnel, human resources, fleet management, and budget responsibilities;
- Development of mapping, resource management plans, initiatives, resolutions, and ordinances associated with Garfield County's public lands activities;
- Coordination with cities, towns, SITLA, BLM, NPS, Forest Service and other federal, state and local entities; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested administrators, public land managers, engineers, attorneys, planners or other individuals with expertise and knowledge in the areas listed above are encouraged to apply. Interviews of prospective candidates will begin on April 20, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled. Compensation will be commensurate with skills and abilities and includes a generous benefit package. Starting date is negotiable but is anticipated prior to June 30, 2020. Garfield County is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and disadvantaged individuals are encouraged to apply. Applications and information can be obtained by contacting the Garfield County Public Works Department, PO Box 77, Panguitch, Utah, 84759 or by calling (435) 676-1101. Email requests may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Garfield County reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications. Garfield County is an equal opportunity employer. The successful applicant must pass a background screening.